Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Herb Garden

I have recollections of a Magic Roundabout - type animation of characters in a herb garden. I mentioned it to some friends once, and they looked at me as though I was on drugs. It turns out that it does exist. I was catching re-runs of it as a child, I hasten to add! I'll wager that the producers were on the happy stuff rather than I....

My project was completed last week, and here it is;


I've had the Rosemary standard for a while now, and thought a herb garden would be a nice way of displaying it. I've collected a few of the herbs I like; salad rocket, parsley, oregano, sorrel and thyme. I've left space for them to fill out, and will add basil as the weather warms up, and some nasturtiums for some colour.

 In the foreground are some Senetti/Pericallis/Senecio. To the right of the wooden planter are a couple of hardy palms - a Jubaea chilensis and bonsai Chamaerops cerifera.

No comments: