Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To be or not to be, in this case, it 'Mite B'.

Well, it was nice to potter around the garden the other day. I finally managed to get a few things planted that I had bought at the RHS Spring Show.

This is my favourite - a plant that surely has a lot of promise for the horticulture industry;



It is a hybrid/sport of Narcissus 'Mite', supplied by Avon Bulbs. www.avonbulbs.co.uk

They are tentatively calling it 'Mite B' which rather tickled me. What a gorgeous, gorgeous (I said it twice, must be good) plant. Sheer class.

I appear to have calmed down my colour palette these days, because another pale spring-flowering plant made its' way into my RHS printed paper bag...

 
Picture courtesy The Alpine Garden Society (of the plant at the RHS show!)

Also from Avon Bulbs, a stunning new Winter Aconite - Eranthis hyemalis 'Schwefelglanz'. Would look amazing growing en masse (which I hope to achieve one day!).

Lastly a Hellebore. Although as a rule, I don't go for Hellebores, I couldn't resist this one;



This is H. 'Silver Dollar', of which I have now planted a group beneath my Albizia. I love the maroon blush around the serrated edges of the leaves. Ties in nicely with my Brahea armata trio, and various New Zealand plants.

Ciao for now!

No comments: