Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whizzed over to Wisley

Okay, so perhaps not the most original title for a blog about Wisley. It is most apt, however. I went yesterday morning, lovely weather for it I thought. When I got there, I suppose I could say I was a bit overcome.If gardening is a drug, I had an overdose. It was sensory overload. The place was looking amazing! 

So I whizzed around, and took a few snaps. The fact that it was the beginning of the Easter holidays, and every pram, child and young mother from miles around were there did not deter me. No siree. I'd prefer to say it was all the Alliums and masses of Muscari... I made my escape within the hour.I liked these Daffs below with white coronas and yellow petals;

The glasshouse was utterly stunning, as per usual. The succulent areas in particular hold a lot of appeal to me.
Some excellent Kalanchoe in their temporary display benches;
Meandering through the relative peace of the woodland garden, I stumbled across this large Anemone, with the palest blue flowers. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know!
More Anemone en masse, in perfect harmony with a Narcissus of some sort.

An old blossoming cherry, looking very cool with an underplanting of Muscari. I think Muscari is my bulb of 2009.

1 comment:

Victoria Summerley said...

Beautiful pictures. I think "whiz" exactly describes my visits to Wisley these days. I don't know about the Easter holidays, it's absolutely mobbed every day as far as I can see. I used to feel guilty about splurging in the Wisley garden centre - now I go in there for a bit of peace.