Sunday, May 24, 2009

My plot

Whenever I take pictures of my garden, it tends to just be parts of it, or plant combinations. I decided to just take a picture of my entire garden.

For the first time, I've been able to take a picture from the dizzying heights of our new loft.


I rather like trying new combinations of plants and materials, so the garden ends up being a rather eclectic mix of styles. I liked the orange succulent bed to begin with, but am thinking of repainting it. Not sure what colour yet - maybe black?

4 comments:

Meems said...

What a great view and a beautiful garden!
Meems @ Hoe and Shovel

Rob said...

Thanks Meems! Glad you like it. I love your blog, and have stayed on Long Boat Key! Beautiful part of the world.

Victoria Summerley said...

It's fantastic to get that perspective, isn 't it? How come your tetranpanax looks so good? Did you wrap it up for the winter? Mine are only just starting to sprout again.
I think your succulent bed would look good black, but then you wouldn't be able to see the ophiopogon (that's what it looks like, anyway) growing alongside it. What about some sort of green, like an olive-green?

Rob said...

Hi Victoria, the Tetrapanax is a form called 'Rex', which appears to be the pick of the bunch. I grew one other form called 'Empress', which did well, then went backwards over a few years.

Some sort of green, or black for the succulent bed. Will have a ponder and work on it when I have some time off in a couple of weeks. On the subject of pondering, I hope to organize my pond soon too....watch this space!