Saturday, May 9, 2009

After not posting for a long time, I thought I would make a few postings. As a gardener it is difficult to find time in Spring to sit at the computer after a busy day, yet here I am.

A few weeks ago we had some beautiful warm (maybe even hot?) weather, and I was fortunate enough to have the day off work. Here is the flowering cherry outside my house;

Nice isn't it? Very blowsy, but quite spectacular.

This particular day I was lucky enough to visit the garden of a Lady. It was arranged via a friend, who maintains her garden. She is quite elderly, but is very passionate about her old garden. I think I chose one of the nicest times of year to go and have a look around.

Down the garden path.
The garden is fairly expansive, maybe an acre? I don't know my measures. It is set out out on a slope, with a large lawn on the middle 'terrace'.

I like this combination of Euphorbia and Brunnera at the upper end of the garden.

A garden doesn't have to be full of rare and unusual plants to capture the imagination. I was rather taken by the orchard at the lower end of the garden, and the greenhouse...



They don't make them like that anymore! The old pots behind the greenhouse, all oldy-worldy.


I hope to pop back at some point, I liked it there. Ienjoyed the peace and quiet, despite the A3 being located less than five minutes away!

No comments: