Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The name's Pond....

It's been a while since my last post, and the next couple of blogs are likely to be the last for a bit longer. What can I say? Time is fleeting.

I managed to get my pond installed just before I went on my mad holiday trip (see earlier post). Here it is today, several weeks after having been installed;

I dug down a bit and the pond is three sleepers high, so the water is pretty deep. Thanks to Owen (a.k.a. Mad Chicken Man!) for advice on the sleepers, the information was very useful and much appreciated. The water seems to be nice and clear, and the lilies are flourishing in their new home.

I wonder if anyone knows why the Albizia 'Summer Chocolate' fades to that coppery colour during the summer? Do others do that? I rather like the purple leaves as they emerge.


I make no apologies for posting even more waterlily pictures...


No comments: