Monday, September 14, 2009

After receiving a tag from Rothschild Orchid, I have been forced into typing this Meme for the next few hours.

To participate in the Meme Award, you need to:

*Link back to the person who gave you the award;

*Reveal seven things about yourself;

*Choose seven other blogs to nominate and post a link to them;

*Let each of your choices know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog;

*And finally let the tagger know when your post is up.

 

Nelson's Column Number 1.

I first visited the World Trade Centre in New York in August 2001. It also proved to be the last time I visited.


Doctor Who Number 2

I rode an African Elephant into a lake (purposely!), in Gweru, Zimbabwe. Have you?


Debbie McGee Number 3

I'm not a numerologist, but I have strong feelings about the number '3'. I like to plant in threes too, though I can't say I invented that.


Knock at the Door Number 4

I've held a young alligator in the Everglades. I've also held a hatchling crocodile in Chirundu, on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia. I love the sound the hatchlings make - it's actually quite similar to a Jackdaw. I had the sound as a text alert for some time.


Gordon's Alive Number 5

I've always had a love for tortoises. I don't know why. A few years ago I bought a little one which died due to poor instruction. I'd love another tortoise one day, and would like to breed tortoises one day (as added funds to my pension).


Chopsticks Number 6

I didn't mention it before, but I'm a multi-Trillionaire.


Lucky 7

I've been going to our little holiday cottage in North Wales since about the age of 7, usually several times a year.  The air is fresh and sweet. The tap water tastes better than anything from a bottle. It is a very special place, and there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it (to paraphrase Blur's 'Parklife'!). It is the most likely cause of my all-encompassing passion and interest in plants, animals and nature.

My oh my, I'm not sure if there are many people that haven't already done a Meme. So, I'm going to be lazy and not chase people up. If you don't like it, please call my lawyer.

5 comments:

Rothschild Orchid said...

That is a fantastic elephant photo.

You know I love tortoises too! I spent a summer working at the museum at Mycenae and every afternoon you could hear the the tap tap of the marginated tortoises clambering over the rocks on the hillside. It always made me smile :o)

Brilliant meme Rob!

Rob said...

Thank you!

Actually the tortoise I had was a marginated tortoise. Poor little thing.

Do I get in trouble for not asking other bloggers to do a meme? I heard you can be sentenced for up to ten years...

Ms B said...

That was clever Rob & of course very interesting (It was quite a small elephant though!!)

Rothschild Orchid said...

I'm new to this blogging malarky but I don't think I can be cross at you for not tagging others. I'm sure that some people must get really fed up of being tagged, I just thought it was a lovely way to get to know a little more about my fellow bloggers :o)

Don't let the elephant hear you saying that Ms B!

Diana Studer said...

Haven't ridden an elephant, but I have walked on our Elephant Head mountain.